Jude Collins

Wednesday 26 September 2012

About last night...




Whew!  Still recovering from a great night last night - the Dublin launch of 'Whose Past Is It Anyway?' Having invited Professor Diarmaid Ferriter to be the guest speaker, I suddenly had a sickening realization that I know only a handful of people in Dublin these days, where once I knew so many. But ain't it true: it's times like these you find out who your friends are. Thanks to the contact work of truly sound people like my sister Philomena,  the Delahuntys, the McDermotts,  Jim Sharkey, Marius Harkin, Tony Jordan and Charlotte Joyce,  not to mention the wonderful Maureen and Hugh Taggart working their charm at a distance of 4,000 miles, we had a capacity crowd and a splendid evening. Diarmaid Ferriter gave an energetic and insightful talk, your humble servant threw in his uninformed two bits' worth, and then everyone got half-smashed on the wine...No, no, that last bit's a lie. We're much too civilized for all that - or old or something. Anyway, if you haven't got your copy of the book by now, you're clearly a hopeless case, and while I'm named after the patron saint of such, I'll leave you to wallow in your ignorance. If you've bought it, you're clearly a man/woman of good taste, intelligence and probably good looks.

Speaking of which, I'm going to try to 'embed'  a slideshow of last night. I don't really know what the word means, let alone how to do it, but I'll try. See above...

4 comments:

  1. Apart from Belfast and Dublin,are any other launches of the book planned ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signing in Omagh on Saturday 11.30 am, Carlisle Book Shop. Maybe something in Dungannon on 6 Oct

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you and Eoghan Harris kissed and made up?!! He publicises your book in his column this morning.I was under the impression that you disliked Harris,Independent Newspapers and all their works and pomps!I suppose when a book is published there's no such thing as bad publicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy! I simply wish to give you a big thumbs up for your great info you've got here on this post. I am returning to your website for more soon.

    Review my blog post xerox 8560 yellow

    ReplyDelete